Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our Weekend

We've had a full weekend, but it's been fun.

We started off Friday with a play group at our friends' Kailyn & McKenzie's house.  It's always fun to chat with other moms and let our kids run around & play, but since it is always so busy, I'm never very good about getting pictures.
Some of the girls having lunch

Friday afternoon, Big T (or "T" as Adeline calls him) & Tiny came in town.  They got here just as the girls were waking up from their naps and we got to spend the afternoon together.  Then when Jon got home from work, we met Shane, Juliet, and Murry for dinner.

Saturday morning, Adeline and I went to help Cilla celebrate her 3rd birthday.

This is the face I got when I got onto her for jumping around & not smiling at the camera.  I would also like to point out that this "shirt" she has on was a dress she wore when she was 6-9 months old.  I love clothes that keep on giving!

We had a blast at Cilla's birthday party..

 Adeline with the sweet birthday girl.

The beautiful table with all the delicious food!


Happy Birthday to Cilla!

In the meantime, Jon and Annabel went to Shane & Juliet's to visit.
 Tiny loved playing with her two baby granddaughters.

And the guys planted some memorial trees for Juliet's grandmother & aunt.

The girls both took 3 hour naps, then T, Tiny, Shane, Juliet, & Murry came over to spend the afternoon/evening.
 Annabel tries to grab anything she can on her cousin Murry and put it in her mouth!

It was a beautiful day, so Adeline got to spend a lot of time outside swinging and playing with her grandparents.



 I did it!  She loves her new Snoopy shirt from her cousin Kasey & Aunt Paula!

And even Annabel got to swing some.

And snuggle with T.


Adeline & Tiny swinging.

We grilled steaks and Tiny made peach cobbler.  We all ate way too much, but it sure was good!

It's another rainy day today, we lost an hour of sleep, and Jon has to work all day.  Those three things combined helped me decide to stay home from church today.  Jon and I struggle enough to get both girls up, fed, dressed, and out the door for church on time.  I really didn't want to try to do it all by myself an hour earlier!  I know, I know..excuses, excuses.  :)

Anyway, in my effort to be a Deuteronomy 6:7 parent and in honor of it being a church day, we did a little biblical lesson on rain today.  And I can't not put some OT in there as well.  haha



I bought Adeline some spring-loaded scissors yesterday and decided I was ready to take that plunge into learning to use them today.  I've been so scared of introducing scissors because I know it's only a matter of time before she'll cut her hair, but it was time.  I cut little strips of white and blue paper (just big enough where she could cut pieces with just one snip of the scissors), then I put little dots of glue on the paper & told her to put white on the clouds and blue for the rain.  I got out her big girl bible and read to her Zechariah 10:1 and tried my best to explain it on a two-year-old level.  She needed a little help squeezing the scissors all the way closed, but she loved every minute of it.  She also needed help getting the rain to go vertically.

After we were done with our little craft, the rain had stopped so we took a walk around the block in our rain garb.  We splashed in puddles and I pointed out all the pretty flowers that God made and that God sends the rain for.  The birds were chirping like crazy so I told her they were saying, "Thank you Jesus, for the rain."  I think by the time we were done, she was starting to grasp the concept.





Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime.  The Lord makes the clouds.  He sends the showers, And he gives everyone green fields.  Zechariah 10:1

Always remember these commands I give you today.  Teach them to your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and walk along the road.  Talk about them when you lie down and when you get up.  Deuteronomy 6: 6-7

This last one isn't easy for me, but I'm trying.  Please pray for Jon and I to raise our children the way God wants them to be raised.  We need all the help we can get!

1 comment:

  1. We all need as many prayers as we can get and you know I pray for y'all every day but I think you and Jon are doing a great job raising your girls God's way! I love you all!!

    ReplyDelete