Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rainy Day

It's a rainy day here, so we're staying home.  I took this as an opportunity to do a bit of blogging.

Monday Adeline had KDO, so Annabel and I hung out at home.  I was trying to catch up on some cleaning, so she spent some time in her exersaucer.

When she grew tired of that, I tried the mammaroo.  I think she's outgrown it!  She was sitting up and trying to lean out of it to get the toys on her exersaucer the whole time.

After KDO, we took Adeline to dance.  I think she looks so precious in her little dance clothes.  In this picture she's saying, "No take a picture of Adeline!"  It's impossible to get her to cooperate for pictures anymore!

Annabel has discovered that back is not always best for her.  The majority of the time I put her down, she immediately rolls on to her stomach.  Isn't a sleeping baby the most precious sight?

Wednesday we went to the library.  We had some down-time beforehand, so I experimented with Adeline's hair.  I think I kind of love this braid thing.  It keeps the hair out of her eyes all day and I think it's pretty cute.  The only downside is, where does the big bow go?  :(

And speaking of hair, the humidity has started to bring a little curl out on Annabel.  See it?  I'm thinking her hair is going to be curlier than Adeline's.

The past couple nights we've left the back door open while we cook dinner so Adeline can play and we can still see and hear her.  She is such a busy girl!

This morning we're just hanging out and enjoying each other's company....

A couple other things I want to note on here...
  1. We almost started a bad habit last night.  Jon and I had already fallen asleep and about 9:45 Adeline started crying for me.  I went to check on her and she wanted to get in bed with us.  We let her for a while and we both really wanted her to sleep with us, but we knew it was best not to start that yet.  Besides, Jon gets up at 5 every day for work and I get up then to give Annabel her medicine.  I knew Adeline would not want to be up at 5 and I was afraid it'd be impossible to get her to go back to sleep after that.  After about 30 minutes of snuggling, Jon took her back to bed, but she wasn't happy about it.  I hope we haven't started a new nightly routine!
  2. Adeline has her own made-up word and I'm just now starting to embrace it.  For the longest time I've been trying to correct it, but now I think it's pretty cute.  She calls most forms of media "gigats"  Songs, movies, tv, computer, phones...all "gigats."  She knows the names for them because she'll tell me the correct name when I ask her, but if she's just talking about them herself, it's always "gigats." I love it!
  3. Annabel has started eating solids in the evenings.  So far she has had avocados, bananas, & sweet potatoes.  Sweet potatoes are by far her favorite!
  4. Annabel sat up on her own after I placed her there for approximately 30 seconds on Tuesday, March 6.

1 comment: