Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

Be prepared for picture overload!  Before I get started on Easter weekend, I want to introduce you to our newest little friend and playmate.  

Reagan Lynn Davis was born on Wednesday, April 4, 2012.  She weighed 7 pounds and was 19 inches long.  What a cutie!


Jon had Good Friday off work, as usual, so we headed to Texas first thing.  Friday night my little cousin and his new wife had a reception to celebrate their marriage.  We left Annabel with Jon's parents and took Adeline with us.

Adeline & Nana

Braden & Kim, the bride & groom

 Braden & me.  I'm so happy for my little cousin!

Adeline & Pappy

That night we slept at Jon's parents'.  Annabel was in her crib in the sewing room, so Adeline made a pallet on the floor in our room.  This is what she looked like when Jon and I woke up Saturday morning.  Sleeping peacefully!

Saturday was our big egg hunt, so the girls went ahead and got their Easter buckets when they got up that morning.


I think they liked them!

After that, Adeline got to dye some eggs.

Ace watched from the fruit bowl. :)



Aunt Kiersten helped while Uncle Emil did all the photography.


The finished product!

While Adeline was dying eggs, I was making deviled eggs for lunch.

Then we all went over to my parents' house for our Easter lunch celebration.  I love that my grandparents from both sides, my cousins, and my in-laws all get along so that we can have one big celebration rather than several.

Adeline loves being with her two babies.


Cousin Murry

Annabel & Pappy

Time to hunt eggs!





Annabel & Big T

Juliet & Murry

Adeline got to "drive" my dad's Bronco.


Both girls were so worn out from all the festivities that they both napped for 3 hours that afternoon!  Then we went to visit my 2nd family, the Coxes, but didn't get any pictures.  Afterwards, my little family and my parents went over to Jon's parents' for a weenie roast.  We had a photo shoot of the 3 Richey granddaughters in their matching Easter frocks their Tiny made for them.










This one cracks me up!



Sunday morning we attended our hometown church service.  It was so good getting to see everyone we hadn't seen in a while.

The girls with their Big T & Tiny.  
 Sorry, mom!  I'm horrible at getting pictures of them with my parents.

My sweet little family.

I love Easter.  I love it because it's about making sweet memories with my family, but most of all, I love it because it means that I'm going to get to keep celebrating and making those memories for eternity.  It means that as much as I love my life here on earth, my life in heaven is going to be even better than I can imagine.  It means that God loves me so much that He sent his only son to die for me so that I may have eternal life.  What a beautiful, joyous thing!







No comments:

Post a Comment