Wednesday, April 18, 2012

On the Mends

Annabel's blisters look a lot better, but she has developed a cough and a runny nose.  The cough sounds horrible and it made her lose her voice a little.  She would try to squeal or cry and nothing would come out.  I took her to the doctor on Monday, but he couldn't do anything because she can't have any decongestants because of her WPW.  So, we're just suctioning her nose, applying Vicks, and using a humidifier.  Anyway, we're starting to get better, and we've ventured out of the house a little this week so that makes me feel a lot better, too!

On Saturday I got to do a little shopping for our trip to Vegas, and by that evening Jon was so tired of being in the house that we made a trip to Lowe's.  He could never make it as a SAHD.  He went stir crazy in less than a day!  We made a few fun purchases at Lowe's, then went to eat at our new favorite Italian food place, Joe's.

Adeline picked out some pretty purple flowers for her window boxes on hers & Annabel's playhouse.

She was so proud of them!

We spent a little time outside that evening enjoying the nice weather.


We also finally bought a rug for our living room while we were at Lowe's.  We've lived in this house 3 years now and it's finally starting to look like a home..haha!

Annabel loves the new rug!

Monday, Adeline had dance and KDO and Annabel and I ran a few errands.  Yesterday, we stayed home all day.  I made myself get up, work out, clean the bathrooms, and get ready all before the girls woke up yesterday morning.  That meant we had time to just play together all day.  I wish I had the discipline to do that every day.  I hate feeling like I'm missing out on just sitting with them because I'm running around trying to do chores or take a shower.  While Annabel took her morning nap, Adeline and I did a little craft.

Waiting patiently...

Look at that concentration!

Improving her intrinsic hand strength by having to open the markers herself.  She was so proud of herself when she got them opened all "by myself."

More hand strengthening...and lots of fun for her.

Pretty butterflies!

Yesterday evening we got to keep Murry for a little bit. Adeline loves having two babies around.  She's like a little mother hen.


After dinner Annabel enjoyed a frozen peach in her mesh teether.  Jon thought the faces she was making were too cute not to photograph.


Today, the girls and I ran to Target right after breakfast so I could make an exchange.  Of course I couldn't go to Target without buying something else, too.  Adeline loves having the responsibility of taking care of her flowers.  I thought this little watering can was too cute, and in the $1 bins!

Tomorrow the grandmas arrive and Jon and I leave for Vegas.  I'm so excited and worried at the same time.  I really hope Annabel complies with drinking from a bottle while I'm gone!  Please say a prayer for that and for safe travels for our moms and for us!  



No comments:

Post a Comment