Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby Emma's Party

I helped host a baby shower for one of my BFFs this weekend.  I was working furiously on stuff and I had to keep telling Adeline, "This is for Baby Emma's party."  I knew she'd really be confused if I said "shower."  

Anyway, one of my very best friends and her husband are having their first child in November.  And the cherry on the top is it's a girl!  Yay!  I just love girls!  Her name is going to be Emma Kennedy.  Isn't that beautiful?  Anyway, Amanda is a school teacher and lives in Dallas, so it seemed most logical to go ahead and have her hometown shower in the summer before she gets busy with back-to-school stuff, etc.  

Isn't this cake the cutest?  It matched the invitations perfectly.

The cake table

My other BFF, Amber, and I made these numbers with coordinating outfits/hairbows for Emma to wear on each month's birthday throughout her first year.  Amber couldn't make it to the shower, but she helped me a lot from Houston.

The food

Time to open presents!  She got so many cute things!

Adeline & Tater Tot

Amanda with some of her hostesses.

I love this girl and her sweet baby so much!

Amanda with Emma's 2 biological aunts, Clara & Rachel  :)

And what's a post without this cutie?  Annabel stayed home with Pappy and napped.  I was worried about Adeline skipping her nap, but she did so well.  Who doesn't love a party?

I really love baby showers.  I had so much fun planning and decorating and everything that goes along with it.  And who can't be excited about the blessing of a new, precious little life?  Emma is one blessed little girl, and loved by so many already!


No comments:

Post a Comment