Monday, December 3, 2012

November's "Extra" Week

Since Thanksgiving was a little early this year, it seemed like we had an extra week this November.  I spent my extra week in Dallas helping my friend Amanda and her husband, Matt with their new baby girl, Emma Kennedy.

Amanda had a c-section and Matt had to go back to work, so she needed a little extra help around.

When I wasn't doing this, shopping, cooking, or doing laundry, I spent a lot of time watching tv and reading and chatting with Amanda.  What a fun week!

My girls stayed in New Boston with their grandparents.  They split them up and swapped back and forth over the few days I was gone.  I think they really enjoyed that alone time, but also really missed each other.  They've gotten along so well since we've been back home.

Adeline got to pet a bull.

And make new friends at Kid's Beach Club.

This is her favorite face to make for pictures.

Annabel fell and scraped her eye, but she didn't seem to mind.


Annabel and my mom's dog, Rocky, have a mutual love for one another.




I left Dallas last Thursday morning, went to NB to get my girls, then loaded them up and headed home to NWA.  It was a lot of driving, but I was ready to sleep in my own bed and see my husband.  I came home to our glorious, shining Christmas tree.  See?  It wasn't so crazy that I put it up halfway through November!


Then we went on a walk to stretch our legs after being in the car all day.  Adeline had a blast in this pile of leaves.

What a fun, extended time in Texas, but glad to be home sweet home.


No comments:

Post a Comment