Thursday, February 10, 2011

Negative Temperatures

They said it got down to -18 degrees here in NWA this morning.  This is what our thermometer said:

Notice the upper right corner with the "high" of 9 degrees for the past 12 hours.

Jon's truck said -2 on his way to work around 9:00 this morning.  Whatever was right, I knew there was no way we were going outside today.  I also knew I better come up with some more interesting things to do in the house so Adeline and I wouldn't go crazy.

 We played in the kitchen cabinets.
 We built a fort.
 We played in our fort a lot.
 We made Daddy a Valentine's Day card.
 We pushed Ace around in the stroller.  (She did this all on her own.  Things like this make me realize how fast she's growing up!)
 Uncle Jarrod came over & we cooked a lot of food.  Adeline would not let Uncle Jarrod put her down.
 See all the food?  Yummy!  Chicken fried steak, fried okra, mashed potatoes, & PW's mac & cheese.
 We stomped around the kitchen like sumo wrestlers (I didn't get a very good pic).
And except for the morning news while Adeline was drinking her first bottle, we did not turn on the TV not even once.  And we did not go crazy!  Yay for us!  Tomorrow we have plans to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!  I'm so uber excited I can hardly stand it! (notice all the exclamation points)

4 comments:

  1. I am coming over next time for all of my favorites- fried okra, mac n cheese and chicken fried steak;) You are doing a great job at entertaining Adeline. I am sooooo ready for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, me too. Send the leftovers my way. Love the fort too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like y'all had a great day with fun forts & yummy food!
    You're such a sweet family and really are blessed with so many riches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I'm impressed with the food. Will you cook this meal for me when I see you again?

    ReplyDelete