Friday, February 18, 2011

Texas Christian University (SUYL - Alma Maters)

I don't participate in all of Kelly's SUYLs, but my Horned Frog pride wouldn't let me pass this one up.  I went to Texas Christian University in Ft. Worth, Texas in the Fall of 2002.  I graduated 4 too short years later, in May 2006.  I used to laugh at how Aggies are "brain washed" to love their school like crazy, but I have to admit that I'm bordering on that craziness with TCU.  I made some wonderful, life-long friends there, lots of memories, and even managed to earn a degree amidst all the fun.  :)  Not only do I love my alma mater, I love the town it is in.  Fort Worth is a big city with a small town feel.  It is chock-full of delicious Tex-Mex restaurants and exciting culture.  If I didn't love my life so much here, I'd be back in Ft. Worth in a heartbeat.

A few facts about TCU:

  • It is a small private university with a total enrollment of 9,000
  • It has 118 undergraduate areas of study, 56 masters, & 21 doctoral
  • 84% of faculty members hold the highest degree in their discipline
  • It was founded in 1873
  • Estimated annual cost is $41,000
  • Their colors are purple & white
  • Their mascot is a Horned Frog
They are also the 2011 Rose Bowl Champions and finished 3rd in the nation.  I was even more proud to call myself a Horned Frog when Andy Dalton, their quarterback, gave all the glory to God at the end of their big game.

A few pics of my college days:
 Studying "abroad" in Mexico
 Studying abroad in Scotland
 Senior Kappa Alpha Thetas

Hot & Sweaty, but cheering on our Frogs

Adeline has been cheering on the Frogs since birth...I just hope tuition increases slow down so we can maybe afford to send her there.  :)

January 2010
May 2010
August 2010
October 2010
January 2011

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is adorable! So glad to see a fellow Frog on SUYL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I think most people love their college towns simply because they have so many wonderful memories there, I have to agree with you on Fort Worth! I love it, too! It has a small town feel but is so big and has so much to do! I would live there in a heartbeat...if it weren't for the miserably hot Texas summers! I love love love the pics of itty bitty Adeline in her Horned Frog outfits and her smocked dress! Precious!

    ReplyDelete