Saturday, February 5, 2011

Oh no, more snow!

I'm sure you're all getting tired of reading about the snow, but that's our life right now.  Thursday night they were saying that we'd get a "light dusting" of snow on Friday.  Friday morning they said "1-1.5 inches."  Friday afternoon they said "4-6" of additional accumulation."  It started snowing around noon and snowed all night!  We've got about 8" of snow out there, & 12" in some places.  It's finally above freezing and the sun is shining so hopefully a lot of it will melt today.  Not that it matters because they're calling for more snow tomorrow and a BIG snow storm on Wednesday.  Give me a break!  I haven't been sleeping well so I thought it might be from not leaving the house any, so we decided to take a walk this morning.  We bundled up and took the whole family on a 1.5 mile trek in the snow.  Let me just tell you, I was worn out by the time we got home and sweating!  Maybe that'll do the trick with the sleeping business.  :)

 I didn't think we should take the sled all the way because I was afraid the sidewalks wouldn't have enough snow on them....boy was I WRONG!
 We took Tulip too since we figured she was going about as stir crazy as us.  I think she'll sleep the rest of the day.  That was hard work for her!

 Adeline got to walk around some too, but she had a hard time.

This is how worn out I was on the way home...they got this far in front of me.  :)

I love how we actually have seasons here and I love being able to do all this fun outdoor stuff in all the elements that I didn't experience much growing up in Texas, but our vacation to this beautiful place in May is all I can think about right now.  


1 comment:

  1. I am not sick about reading your posts about the snow. I am just sick of the snow. Period.

    ReplyDelete