Monday, November 7, 2011

Adeline's 2nd Birthday Party

We celebrated Adeline's 2nd birthday on Saturday.  We chose a ladybug theme this year and I had so much fun with it.

Decorating the mantle is what I spent most of my time on.  I had a flower pot for every month of the past year with my favorite picture from that month "planted" inside.  I personally made all this stuff, with a little help from my wonderful hubby.  :)

The cake turned out just how I wanted!  It was from Shelby Lynn's.

I saw these on pinterest and my very talented MIL made them for the party.

My mom helped me prepare all the food and decorate the table.  There was more than this, but I didn't get a picture.

My dad was so proud of himself for decorating the drink dispenser.  :)

I tried to get some good shots of Adeline before the guests arrived, but she refused to smile or cooperate much.







We rented a bounce house so the kids would have something to do and it was a great investment.  Kids and adults both enjoyed it.  We also had Adeline's new trampoline outside for the kids to play on (and of course toys inside).








It was a challenge to get Adeline to come inside for cake, but I eventually talked her into it.  I was so glad she didn't cry when everyone sang "happy birthday."  I have always hated being sung to and would bawl and bury my face in my dad's chest every single year.


She got tons of presents and has loved playing with every single one this weekend.



Someone (my dad) tied a balloon around Tulip's collar.  Poor dog!

After the party and after Adeline woke up from her nap, the bounce house was still here so we did a bit more jumping.



I can't believe it's already been two years!  It has been the most exhausting, but most fun two years we've ever had!  Tomorrow is her actual birthday and I'm sure I'll cry just like I did last year.  






1 comment:

  1. I am not sure why Cilla is in Adeline's face?!?! Sorry about that! Everything was so cute and perfect for your little Lady Bug! You did such a great job! Thanks for letting us help Adeline celebrate!

    ReplyDelete