Tuesday, December 13, 2011

You better not cry....

You better not pout.  I'm tellin' you why... Santa Claus is coming to town!

Well this song didn't work for Adeline.  She is terrified of Santa.

She loved him last year...

Then on December 1 of this year, my SIL and I decided to take the kids to see Santa.  This is how much Adeline loved him this year...
This picture cracks me up!  

The plan was for Adeline to think that Santa was gone, but she figured it out before we could get the picture taken.  Juliet and I had not planned on being in the picture, but that was the only way it was going to happen.  We bought this one to give to my MIL, and to have something to laugh about in the years to come.  Last year I promised myself that I was not going to be one of those moms who scar their children for life by making them sit in Santa's lap.  However, once you make the effort to get them all dressed up and you get all the way to the mall with all your stuff and both your kids, it's hard to give up easily.  

My mom came in town this past weekend and we decided to give it another try.  We really talked it up and Adeline did much better.  I still had to hold her in my lap (they cropped me out) and she cried a little bit, but not anything like the hysterical screaming she did on the first attempt.

Every time we mention Santa, Adeline either says, "Cry" or "Toys" or "Santa gone gone."  It's like she knows she has to tolerate him in order to get toys, but she sure doesn't like him.  :)

I think pictures with Santa are so much fun.  I'm trying to come up with a way I can display them all every year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment