Monday, September 20, 2010

Milestone Day

Adeline has had a major milestone and cuteness day! I'm so glad I only work Tuesday-Thursday, or I would have missed it all!

First of all, we went out to eat lunch today with Jon. While at lunch, she signed AND said "all done". We've been working on this a lot because lately she's started throwing fits so we've been really pushing sign language so she can better communicate her needs/wants. She's been saying something that sounded like "ah day" for a few days now. We just thought she was practicing new sounds, but then at lunch she was throwing a fit and not wanting to eat so were signing and saying "all done" and she looked up and signed and said it herself! We were so proud. (I'll try to get it on video.)

After we got home, we went outside to get the mail. We got a few packages, so I was opening them in the dining room. Adeline crawled off down the hall and I just assumed she went to her room. A few minutes later I heard her in our room, so I went back to check on her. She had pulled up at my nightstand, pulled off a book and a box of tissues and had proceeded to throw tissues all over the room. I had no idea she could reach that high.

Shortly after that, I was putting away some clothes in my closet. She is fascinated with my closet and crawls in every chance she gets. Well, when I was done, she wouldn't come out, so I turned off the light and pushed the door closed (not all the way). I wanted to see what she'd do. She crawled to the door, stood up, grabbed the door handle, and pulled the door all the way closed! (I could see her little toes sticking out under the door.) This is not what she had intended to do because it made her very upset. I guess she knew that door handle was supposed to do something..haha.

She woke up early from her nap, so I knew she was still tired, but she wouldn't go back to sleep. I finally just got her up. I had a really bad headache, so I put her in the playroom while I sat on the couch to eat a snack. She got really quiet, and usually this means bad news, so I sat up to see where/what she was doing. This is what I found:
Isn't that the cutest thing? She LOVES this giraffe.

Now, for the grand finale.....

When Jon got home from work today, Adeline took her very first steps!! She was standing in the kitchen holding onto the barstool. Jon came in and squatted down in front of where the ovens are and held his hands out to her. She let go of the stool, turned, and took 4 steps to him! I was standing right behind her so we both got to see it! We both teared up and clapped and cheered. She was so proud of herself! I will try to get this on video as well.




3 comments:

  1. Tell her Nana is so proud of her and can't wait until she gets to see all her new tricks in person!
    I love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy y'all are blessed to both be there to see her take her first steps! So exciting!! She's getting smarter every day.
    I love y'all too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day for your little family!!!

    ReplyDelete