Saturday, June 1, 2013

See you next year, May!

It's the first of June!  How did that happen?  This is how we ended May.

Annabel sat on this rug and looked at a book for the longest time.  I thought it was so sweet!

Tulip celebrated her 9th birthday this week.  I can't believe I've had her that long.  Adeline said, "Why we not have a cake and presents for her?"

My patriotic cuties on Memorial Day.

We had a Memorial Day fellowship with our small group last Sunday night. We had a great time at the lake, even though I never got in the water.

I love how Annabel is so friendly.  She sat in Mr. Rausch's lap while he read to her for the longest time.

On Monday we explored a new trail near our house.


Adeline put this on herself while we were cooking dinner one night and I overheard her singing, "Rah Rah TCU.  I love TCU. I want to go to TCU!"

Annabel is afraid of nothing and quite accident-prone.  I fear her knees will look like this all summer!

We met the Davises at Gymnastic Joe's in the mall on Tuesday.


Wednesday we went with the Sanchezes to the Botanical Gardens for their Little Sprouts program.  The lesson was on soil and planting that day.  My girls loved it!


After the program, we spent an hour exploring the gardens.  The girls had so much fun and wore themselves and me out!  It was perfect for Adeline's age, but made me so nervous for Annabel.  She thought she could do everything Adeline was doing, like walking across a goldfish pond on stepping stones!  Made me a nervous wreck.





A lot of times I have to convince to Adeline wear a certain outfit or fix her hair a certain way by telling her how cute she is.  She always runs to the mirror afterwards as if to see if I know what I'm talking about.

We also went to Monkey House this week.  Annabel thinks she's three or older.  She climbed this 20+ foot tall slide by herself multiple times.  I think she's out to give me a heart attack before I'm 30!

She knocked over Tulip's water bowl, so I made her clean it up.  I think she thought it was fun rather than punishment.

Another vintage consignment find.  I couldn't pass up the kites to show our Kappa Alpha Theta love!

Annabel has started trying to talk in sentences.  I love it.  She was telling me here, "Rock, rock, bonk!" I'm pretty sure she was telling me about the time (more than a month ago) that she fell out of the rocking chair and hit her head.
 
Another cute thing she's doing lately is she calls strawberries "ba-ba-ba-berries" from the Strawberry Shortcake theme song.  I was eating some the other day and she said, "Mommy eat ba-ba-ba-berries!"

They were playing with this jack-in-the-box yesterday.  I love that I caught this reaction on camera!

Last night we went to play with Henry.  Annabel rode this roller-coaster a hundred times.

I can't wait to see what fun June has for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment