Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Halloween Fun

We kicked off Halloween week by visiting our local nursing home.  It had been a while since we'd gone and Adeline reminded me one day when she said, "When are we going back to see the old people?  It's been a long time!"


We carved pumpkins one night.




Adeline had a portable pumpkin patch come to her school that morning.  When I picked her up she was carrying this fairly large pumpkin with her.  I could see that most of the other kids had little bitty pumpkins in their hands.  I asked her why she picked a big pumpkin and she said, "all my friends wanted the little ones, but I wanted this big one because it is just the right size to carve into a jack-o-lantern."  We normally only carve one pumpkin, but since she'd done that, we decided to carve two this year.  Adeline wanted hers to be scary and Annabel wanted hers to be silly.

Annabel wore her pretty little pumpkin dress to BSF that week.


On Thursday that week, Adeline's school had "mismatch day" so I let her pick out her outfit.  I think she mastered the mismatching thing.  Annabel got to wear a costume to school and she picked out this princess dress from her dress-up dresser.

We made pumpkin rice krispie treats.

And then it was finally Halloween!  We love holiday clothes.

Whitt thought this book his Nana sent him was very tasty.

About a month before Halloween both my girls told me they wanted to be Elsa.  I was fine with that, but then about two weeks before Annabel changed her mind and decided to be Anna.  So I just couldn't pass up the chance to have Whitt dress up like Olaf.


We even had Elsa & Anna painted finger nails.


We had some friends over for dinner that night before trick-or-treating.  My girls had a blast with Monroe & Micah.  I think they all had the most fun handing out candy from inside our warm house.

It was frigidly cold on Halloween, but Adeline was the most into it she's ever been in the past.  She ran right up to every door and laughed at all the scary costumes.  Annabel, however, still wanted to hold my hand and didn't want anything to do with anything scary.

Whitt started out going around the block with us, but he didn't make it far before he got too cold.

We had such a fun time!  Holidays are extremely exciting through the eyes of children.



No comments:

Post a Comment