Thursday, November 13, 2014

Squirrel Camp Week

So this year Jon got an added week of vacation.  He decided he wanted to use that week to stay an entire week at his family's campout, which they call "Squirrel Camp."

I was planning on going in to Texas with him and staying for at least part of that week, but not actually camping.  I was going to stay with my parents.  However, as the time drew nearer, I realized that Adeline's school had several big activities going on that week that she really didn't want to miss.  So, I decided to brave the single mom thing for a full week.  However, I knew it'd be much easier on me if at least one of my babies could go to Texas, too.  Since Whitt is nursing and Adeline had all the school stuff, Annabel was the lucky one to stay with grandparents for a week.

At first she was totally excited about more one-on-one time with Mommy.  The first night she requested that we go eat at "that place where I can get a salad and soup" aka MiMi's.

Annabel got to go to a high school football game with my parents.

Whitt proved that boys are definitely boys and went nuts over this car.

Annabel got to go visit her daddy out at camp a few times.

And Whitt decided he was done lying back for his bath.

And he was also going to start helping himself to his sister's toys.  Adeline said, "I'm not sure I really want him to crawl, because then he's going to be grabbing all my stuff!"

We made cookies for breakfast one morning.

Annabel got to play dress-up at Tiny's house.

We got a sitter for Whitt one afternoon, and Adeline and I went to Build-a-Bear and to see a movie.

So happy not to be fighting over the iPad with her sister.

One afternoon I told Adeline to get dressed so we could go to Walmart.  This is what she wore.  We should totally start a website called "children of Walmart."

She learned how to eat fried fish tails.  Yep, that's what I said.

And play dominoes.

Adeline said, "Don't send that picture to Daddy.  He won't like that pink on him!"

Adeline had her very first field trip and school bus ride.  She was so excited!  They went to a local park and I met them there, along with just about every other mom.  You could totally tell it was a pre-school field trip with all the moms with cameras everywhere.

This boy is happiest outside.

She took these wheels off one of Whitt's toys and said, "I'm making my muscles strong."  Where'd she even learn that?  She's definitely never seen me do any form of weight-lifting.  Hah!

She looked like such a fashionista this morning that I just had to snap a picture.  We were so excited that Daddy and Annabel were going to be coming home that afternoon!  Adeline definitely loved all the time with me, but by about Wednesday she was saying things like, "How much longer until Annabel gets home?  I miss my sister!"  I think she was realizing just how boring I am.

And I finally discovered a food that Whitt is not a fan of.  Sweet peas!  He didn't fuss or anything, just wouldn't swallow any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment