Friday, November 21, 2014

Whitt - 6 Months

Whitt has been here with us for a half a year now.  So crazy to me!  Some days it seems like it's been forever, but some days it seems like he was just born.

His stats at 6 months:

  • Weight: 16lbs 2oz - 50%
  • Height: 28.5in - >95%
  • Head circumference: 17.5in - 75%

He started taking a bath in the big bathtub.  I think he really likes it.




He has become a much happier baby.  He can be put down for longer now, whereas before I felt like I had to pretty much hold him anytime he was awake.

He's army crawling all over the place and he's FAST.  Every now and then he'll pick his belly up off the floor and rock back and forth, but he doesn't really crawl that way yet.  I think because he's so fast the other way.



He loves playing with cars and he's started figuring out that different toys do different things.  He still puts them all in his mouth, but if he notices that it rattles or jingles, he'll shake it.  He's mastered the game of throwing toys off the highchair so someone has to pick it up for him.

He loves his sisters and is happiest when they're playing with him.   

He's wearing 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers.  

He eats all kinds of baby food and pretty much loves it all, except for sweet peas.  

He's gotten from lying down to sitting up by himself several times, but still isn't a pro at it.

He says "Momma" whenever he needs something and sometimes will say it just for fun.

He loves "talking" to his sisters.  They'll squeal at him and he'll mimic that noise back to them.  It's so cute.

He likes to stand up.  He hasn't pulled himself to standing yet, but I can prop him up and he'll hold onto something and stand there forever.  He likes to stand outside the bathtub and talk to his sisters when they're taking their bath.



He is definitely the strongest baby I've had.  He did a sit-up the other day when I was trying to change his diaper.  

He's still not sleeping all night.  Sometimes he'll wake up two or three times a night.  Sometimes only once.  Every now and then he'll sleep 10 hours straight then go back to sleep for another couple hours after I feed him.  It really is a toss up every single night.


I put this picture on Instagram one night after he'd woken up crying just a couple hours after going to sleep.  I wrote: I think God made my final baby, my most difficult baby so that I wouldn't rush through these months preoccupied.  So that I would spend more time holding, rocking, soothing, bouncing, singing, kissing this gift, my last baby.

And I am tired.  A lot.  All the time.  There are many things that a third baby does NOT give you.  Like more time, more sleep, a calm home.  But what a third baby DOES give you is perspective.  This doesn't last forever.  They will sleep all night at one point.  They will feed themselves and clean up their rooms and go to the bathroom on their own.  They will even eventually cook their own meals, do their laundry, and move out of your house.  So I'm going to cherish this time.  I'm going to cherish this baby.  This crying, fussing, wanting to be held all the time, Momma's boy.  Because God made me a Momma.  And that's what Mommas do.  They rock, they hold, they bounce, they sing, they soothe.  Being a mom isn't a picture in a magazine.  It's real, hard, exhausting work and I'm going to cherish every moment of it, because I prayed for it and begged for it and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment