Wednesday, December 8, 2010

13 Months

Adeline is 13 months old today.  I can't believe how fast this past year has gone by!

I doubt I'll keep the monthly update up for much longer, but I had to share with a few things she's doing now.

  • Same size in all her clothes
  • One big nap a day in the afternoon (today she slept almost 4 hours)
  • Taking a bottle of breast milk 3 times a day
  • Eating like a teenage boy
  • She pointed to a picture of a dog (that we had never looked at before) yesterday and said, "woof woof" so I know she's making broad associations
  • She can do the sign for "light"
  • She LOVES music & dancing
  • She LOVES Tulip..just looking at Tulip makes her laugh
  • She is going through a big time Momma's girl stage
  • She cut her first molar on Sunday (yes I know, our girl has had a tough week)  It's on the bottom left
  • We're giving her a bit more independence and starting to treat her more and more like a big girl.  A new thing we have added to our nightly routine is after I strip her down for her bath in her bedroom, I give her a wash cloth and tell her, "Take this to Daddy & get in the bathtub"  She giggles all the way to the bathroom holding out the washcloth like she's just so proud of herself.  It makes me tear up with pride & sadness at the same time.
That's all the detail I'll go into this time.  We love our sweet girl so much!

Last year I was just trying to learn to live with an infant and was not prepared in Christmas outfits for her.  I think I had one Christmasy thing for her to wear the whole month.  This year, we have so many things that I'm afraid we won't get around to wearing them all!  I'm going to try to take a picture in each one since she'll probably only get to wear each outfit once.  At the end of the month I'll try to do a post of all her cute Christmas outfits.  I love seasonal clothing for babies!

Blue eyed beauty

I'll leave you with a picture of her bruised lip.  It looks worse today than it did last night, but it doesn't seem to bother her.

No comments:

Post a Comment