Saturday, December 11, 2010

Toddlerhood

We can officially say we have a toddler now. I don't know if I'm prepared for this. She's no longer content to sit very long at restaurants or in the shopping cart, or anywhere for that matter. She's also very good at letting you (& everyone else around) know when she's not content. I bought The Happiest Toddler on the Block on my Kindle today. I plan on reading it cover to cover and implementing some, if not all, of Dr. Karp's suggestions. We are going to do our best to raise an even-tempered, polite child.

We tried out a booster seat at Outback last night, but it didn't last for long. Unless Dr. Karp has some great advice about eating out, I think our restaurant days are over for a while.

I had to work today so Jon took Adeline with him to Sam's for a few things and to get the tires on my car balanced and rotated. They ended up having to wait for almost 2 hours, so Adeline got to roam around and explore a little.

Can't quite squeeze in there

Hello?
(I have no idea where she got this phone & I'm not going to ask)

Poor Jon experienced a major diaper blow-out at Sam's and had to brave the "family" bathroom and wash off her pants thanks to me forgetting to keep an extra pair of clothes in her diaper bag...oops! He handled it well, though. Yet another reason he gets the Super Dad award!

This evening we grilled steaks with Jarrod and worked on a little craft project. I saw this idea in a Pottery Barn catalog for ~$200 and knew I could make it for a lot cheaper (or knew Jon could). I bought this frame half off at Hobby Lobby for $25. We had the wire at home and the clips cost about $7.

Adeline loves looking at the cards. She points to her friend Westin's picture and says the same thing every time. It's not "baby" and it's not "Westin" so it must be her own little made up name for him. :)

One of Adeline's new favorite things to do is get under the kitchen table and push all the chairs out until they stop. It's funny and harmless and keeps her out of trouble, so we let her.

Now I'm about to cuddle on the couch with my hubby and watch some Sing-Off!

1 comment: