Monday we went to visit one of my MIL's friends so Adeline could visit with her horses.
She was a little afraid at first, but warmed up pretty soon.
That night Jon and I went on a date to see a movie and my parents kept Adeline. It was nice to spend an evening with my hubby with free babysitting. :)
Tuesday, Jon and his dad went camping and I went to get a massage. My parents hung out with Adeline while I was getting pampered.
She got to visit with her Tater Tot (my mom's sister) & her MiMi (but no pics) some too.
She fed the donkey and he bit her hand! It didn't break the skin though so I think she'll survive.
That night it rained and rained and rained. My mom cooked some yummy vegetable stew and we stayed home and played.
Today I went to lunch with one of my BFFs while Adeline stayed with her Tiny & Big T.
I have so thoroughly enjoyed watching Adeline interact with her grandparents. It does my heart good to see how much she's loved. It seems like she has absorbed so much this week, too. I want to document some of the cute new things I've noticed her doing this week.
- She has learned how to howl like a coyote & snort like a pig
- The other day as they were looking at the tree, my MIL said, "So pretty" and Adeline looked at her & pointed to herself. I guess she's associated "pretty" with herself. :)
- My mom plays a game with her where she wraps her up in a soft blanket and holds her like a little baby and rocks back & forth saying, "Oh my sweet baby." Last night Adeline had the blanket and I was sitting on the floor and she came and got in my lap & said, "baby"
- She has learned to sign "please" without me demonstrating it first
- She has consistently been giving her dolls kisses when asked
- She said "shoes" the other day
I'm sure there are more. Every day this week I've noticed something new she's picked up. We are all having a great time, but I am looking forward to getting home and not living out of a suitcase and sleeping in my own bed. We have been going back and forth between each of our parents' every 2 nights. I'm ready to unpack and stay settled for a while. :)