Adeline has done some cute developmental things lately that I want to document.
- She "woofs" when she hears a dog & almost every time you ask her what a dog says
- She likes to play the game "take this to Mommy" or "take this to Daddy"
- She has started grabbing the big stuffed horse's head & making it go up & down while she makes a high-pitched "neighing" sound
- She has transitioned to being a full-time walker
- She makes a fishy face every time she sees a fish (she has done this for at least 2-3 months now, but I keep forgetting to document it)
- She can make a smooching/kissy noise with her mouth
- She clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth a lot
- She carries on what sounds like conversations with you in gibberish
- She requests her "up" (cup) at meals and has just recently started handing it back to you or setting it down instead of throwing it when done drinking
- She drinks out of an open cup in the bathtub independently
- She shows empathy & is very cuddly & affectionate
- She knows how to put in & take out (she absolutely loves doing this with her Little People barn & nativity scene)
- She shakes her head yes & no after demonstration & sometimes independently after you've said the word
- She knows where "nose" & "mouth" are but only consistently points to someone else's rather than her own
- She tries to & pretty accurately mimics just about any mouth noise
That's about all I can think of right now. I'll leave you with a few cute pictures from this week...
Going for a stroll
I hurt my knee & screamed...she came to comfort me
My sweet girl & her excema that we are working so hard to treat