Friday, December 10, 2010

Santa Claus is in town!

I took Adeline to see Santa today!  It was a very long process, but she did great.  We were behind two other families with little kids who did NOT want to sit in Santa's lap, so it took a long time for them to warm up enough for a decent picture.  I was starting to get nervous about how Adeline would react.  By the time it was her turn, she had already managed to talk me into letting her out of her stroller so she was walking all around the food court.  We started to walk in to see Santa and she stopped dead in her tracks.  I thought, oh no here we go, but Santa is a pro.  He lured her in with a little stuffed monkey.  She let me put her in his lap and she even smiled for the camera!

I was so excited that we got a good shot.  I wasn't allowed to take any with my camera, but it worked out ok because their printer messed up and I had to wait FOREVER so I ended up getting a lot of free 5X7s.

Afterwards, we met Shannon and Westin for lunch.  Us Mommas were worn out by the time we were done eating.  Neither baby was satisfied sitting in their hi-chair for very long.  Adeline kept squealing and that would scare Westin and make him cry.  It took forever for us to get our food, which is not good for my hungry little girl.  Everyone around us was staring and laughing as they watched us juggle our babies and all of our meals and try to have a conversation at the same time.  I think it might be a while before I attempt a restaurant without Jon again.  As we were leaving, I told Shannon that we didn't need to join a gym because our kids give us enough of a work out every day!

I did manage to get a pic of the two cuties, though.

I snapped this one before we left the house.

I had hopes of finishing up my Christmas shopping today, but that was not in the cards.  I'll tackle that again when I have Jon with me.  I don't know how single moms do it!

2 comments:

  1. cutie pies! her little green dress is as precious as she is! I miss you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the "single moms are amazing" thought. I do know you do what you gotta do, but man ONE kid is hard! I dont even want to think about two or more. (I so want more, but it just seems impossible!) Maybe they can be 10 year apart. That sounds doable. So glad to hear that Roman isnt the only crazy baby who wont sit still. He is still doing okay when we are out, actually the past two restaurants were the best he has ever been BUT he does want to walk everywhere. I need to do a post!!! Maybe now I will work on it.

    ReplyDelete