Monday, May 9, 2011

20 Weeks

I am now 20 weeks pregnant with baby girl #2, Annabel Brynn.  I would say I'm half-way through this pregnancy, but I'm actually closer than that since I'll be having a scheduled c-section somewhere around 39 weeks.

Size of baby: Annabel is the size of a cantaloupe (12 oz & 6.5 inches long)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 10lbs
Maternity Clothes:  I'm in all maternity clothes now except for some dresses.  I can wear my old t-shirts, but am not comfortable in anything else pre-pregnancy.
Gender:   Sweet baby girl
Movement: Kicking & stretching more & more every day.  Every flutter makes me smile.
Sleep: I'm sleeping a lot better.  I'm in that glorious 2nd trimester where I pretty much feel great the majority of the time.  
What I miss: Full lung capacity.  I know I have a long way to go, but I'm already getting winded every time I bend over.
Cravings: Caffeine..haha.  I don't know if it's because Adeline just wears me out, or I've just gotten in a bad habit, but I feel like I NEED a diet coke every day.  The other night I had a total pregnancy moment.  I ate about half a container of hummus with kettle cooked BBQ chips.  What a combination, I know, but it was DELICIOUS.  I'm buying more hummus today.  :)
Symptoms: I'm already swelling!  I hardly swelled at all with Adeline.  When we went to Texas for Easter, my rings got stuck on my fingers.  I'm nervous about what the summer holds for me.  I'm also experiencing the rapid heart rate after meals like I did with Adeline.  Sometimes my heart rate will get up to 120bpm just sitting down.  It's kind of scary, but I'll manage.
Best Moment this week: Finding out that we're having a girl!  Adeline & Annabel are going to be the best of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment