Monday, May 30, 2011

23 Weeks & Memorial Day Weekend

Today I am 23 weeks pregnant with little Annabel Brynn.  

Size of baby: Annabel is the size of a large mango (11 in long & over a pound)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have no clue.  Probably a lot.  I was on vacation last week!
Maternity Clothes:  I'm in all maternity clothes now except for some dresses.  I can wear my old t-shirts, but am not comfortable in anything else pre-pregnancy.
Gender:   Sweet baby girl
Movement: She is moving a lot, but is very low.  I was reading over what I wrote about being pregnant with Adeline at this point & I said something about her kicking around my ribs.  Not close at all this time!  She's way low!
Sleep: I'm sleeping a lot better, but I'm still waking up with a stuffy nose a lot and not being comfortable much past 6:00am.
What I miss: I wanted to parasail so bad on vacation, but I felt like I shouldn't do that. 
Cravings: Right now it's anything healthy & not fried.  I pigged out on vacation, so I'm really trying and wanting to be good this week.
Symptoms: Still the rapid heart rate like with Adeline after meals and when I get hot.  I'm sure that will stick around until Annabel is born.  Some days I feel great and others I'm completely exhausted.  
Best Moment this week: Jon got to feel her move for the first time a week or so ago.  We loved that.  I smile at every movement.

Jon and I were talking about it in the car last week that he thinks I'm smaller this time around than I was at this point with Adeline.  I think it's just because Annabel is a lot lower.  By this point with Adeline I felt like she was constantly pushing on my ribs & lungs, but Annabel is still sitting right on my bladder and kicking very very low.  I hope this is okay.  


It's Memorial Day Weekend, so that means a long, relaxing weekend at home.  We haven't done much relaxing, but we've definitely enjoyed being at home.  Yesterday we skipped out on church and got a lot done.  I know that's terrible, but I think it's okay to do every now and then.  Jon thoroughly washed my car, mowed the lawn, & cleaned off the back patio.  In the meantime, Adeline and I went to Ozark Natural and bought lots of veggies & goodies for her, then I spent the majority of the morning cooking, storing, & freezing those veggies.  Adeline took a nice long 3 hour nap while I read my book.  I'm so excited to be hooked on a good book again.  It seems like a long time since I've wanted to read on my down time rather than sleep or clean up.  :)  It's Ape House by Sara Gruen, the same lady who wrote Water for Elephants.  Uncle Shane & Aunt Juliet came over for dinner and we grilled hamburgers.  Adeline enjoyed snuggling with her Uncle.

After Adeline went to bed, Jon and I had a little couch date watching a movie.  I love evenings like that!
Today we got up & headed to Hobby Lobby & Lowe's for a little project I talked Jon into doing. 

After lunch we got in a little sprinkler, sliding, swimming time.





Now Adeline is down for another nap, Jon is slaving away on the project, and I'm about to curl up with my Kindle again.  I've so enjoyed all this down-time, but I think we'll all be happy to get back into the routine of life tomorrow.  

Memorial Day is also all about celebrating and honoring those who have served our country so bravely.  We bought Adeline a little patriotic outfit while on vacation that I intended for her to wear today, but somehow it got packed with my parents' stuff and is now in Texas.  I'll leave you with this little patriotic cutie from last July 4th!


1 comment:

  1. I agree with Jon. You do look smaller. You need to answer my email about visiting you guys. Adeline is going to be driving a car before we know it. I cannot get over how big she looks!! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete