Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday - Vacation Day #4

We all slept in a little later than usual this morning and had a lazy start to our day.  Adeline & Pappy got some snuggling & reading in, and Adeline enjoyed playing in the mirror.


Today I tried to stay out of the sun as much as possible.  My left leg just kept getting redder & redder all through the night and I woke up with a big, red, swollen leg & foot.  I covered up as much as possible and we headed to the outlet mall a few miles away.  We all went and took separate cars because knew Adeline wouldn't last a whole shopping trip.  We shopped for a little while, then it was lunchtime.  We decided to try out Lambert's...home of the throwed roll.  It was a really neat restaurant with delicious food, but we all ate way too much.  They walk around throwing hot, fresh rolls at you, along with coming by every few minutes offering you things like fried okra, black-eyed peas, boiled cabbage, macaroni with tomatoes, apple butter, molasses, & I don't know what else.  This is all in addition to whatever dish you order.  It was such a fun atmosphere.  Our waiter came up to us with what appeared to be a pitcher with tea & acted like he spilled it in my dad's lap.  It was fake, but it made us all jump.  So much fun!


Then the boys & Adeline headed home for a nap while my mom & I went back to shopping.  This is what my foot/leg looked like about halfway through shopping....

By the time we got home my ankle was completely gone and I had braided indentions all along my feet. I can usually slip these shoes on and off & the straps barely touch my foot when I have them on.  Jon had to unbuckle them to get them off my feet.  I propped them up on the couch with a bag of ice & some aloe vera and now they're feeling a little better.  I'm hoping it's much better in the morning.

We spent the rest of the evening relaxing at the condo and I never stepped back out in the sun again.



Jon took these when Adeline woke up from her nap.  After she had her snack, they spent some time on the beach.

This was taken after dinner while we were showing the men what all we bought today.  Adeline likes wearing her Pappy's hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment