Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day & 18 Months

We have 2 reasons to celebrate today.  It's Mother's Day & Adeline is 18 months old today!  We had a little bit of a celebration last night with both the moms in my life.  Jon's parents, Shane & Juliet, Jarrod, and my parents all went out to eat, for yogurt, & to the park.  My mom and Jon's mom got me a sewing machine for Mother's Day.  I can't wait to start using it!

This morning, my parents and us went to church then out for lunch.




Adeline was a little fussy during picture-taking, so she had to hold Ace & suck her thumb.  :)
After everyone left, Adeline & Annabel gave me their Mother's Day gift....gift-cards for a facial & pedicure.  Oh I can't wait!

I have so many things to be thankful for on this Mother's Day.  
  • First of all I'm thankful for my beautiful momma.  She is so selfless, caring, loving, and genuine.  She taught me how to be a mom by being the best mother a girl could have.  I just hope I can pass on her wisdom to my children.  She is also a fantastic Nana.  The light & love in her eyes when she is with Adeline is a beautiful thing.
  • Next, I am thankful for my mother-in-law.  I truly believe I hit the jackpot as far as MILs go.  I don't know anyone who loves theirs more than I do.  She raised a man who knows how to treat a lady.  She is also a wonderful Tiny.  I love the way she loves my girl with her whole being.  
  • Finally I am so very thankful that God has allowed me to be a mom.  It is the most rewarding, exciting, amazing thing I've ever done.  I am overcome with the blessings it brings me daily.  
And...happy 1.5 years, Adeline!  
Your future is so bright!

I could list all the great things she is now doing, but she learns so much every day that it would take forever.  Let's just say she has a new word almost every day.  The way she makes associations and connections with things is incredible.  The mind of a child is so much like a sponge and is such a great thing to watch soak up that knowledge.  Jon and I could listen to her sweet voice all day long.  We love her more than words can express!

1 comment:

  1. I thank God for YOU! You are my sunshine and always will be!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete